Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gratuitous Exsult

My Faithful Reader

OK, one of them.  Made the following comment elsewhere :
In trying to describe The January Dancer (especially the cultural mixing), I once described it as "a combination of Dune, Firefly and The Maltese Falcon, as told by an Irish bard in an Indian restaurant."
Should he consent, I'll put his name to it; but I am ROFLOL. 

It is apt.  I wrote the early version in HS and College, inspired in part by Dune.  And I did have the Maltese Falcon in mind as a background.  Firefly had not been invented yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonder and Anticipation, the Likes of Which We Have Never Seen

  Hello family, friends and fans of Michael F. Flynn.   It is with sorrow and regret that I inform you that my father passed away yesterday,...